Welch Allyn's Spot Vision Screener is a portable, hand held instrument, designed to help you quickly detect vision issues in patients from 6 months of age through adulthood. The Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener is easy to use, screening both eyes at once from a nonthreatening distance of three feet. The touch-screen display allows easy activation, simple management of patient data, and easy configuration of vision screening and autorefraction applications. The Spot Vision Screener thoughtfully incorporates lights and sounds to engage children.Welch Allyn's VS100-B Spot Vision Screener accurately detects the potential indication of common vision problems:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (blurred vision)
- Anisometropia (unequal refractive power)
- Strabismus (eye misalignment)
- Anisocoria (unequal pupil size)
The Spot Vision Screener is a versatile autorefractor. Its portability and speed from binocular testing help clinicians collect accurate refractive data on patients who commonly present screening challenges. An excellent portable autorefractor for use in multiple office locations, events, or mission trips. The Spot efficiently tests patients with limited mobility or other potential handicaps. It provides Instant refractions results... monocular or binocular, in plus (+) or minus (–) cylinder. The Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener measures horizontal and vertical eye alignment, pupil size, as well as pupillary distance.
- Supports AAP screening guidelines for early detection of amblyopic risk factors
- Automated screening provides thorough, objective, and easy-to-understand results
- Easy to use, easy to implement with minimal user training required
- Adequate battery power for mass screening events
- Captures readings 97% of the time helping to screen otherwise difficult patients
- Wireless printing and WiFi-enabled for easy export of data Manual exports available via USB port
The Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener with Carry Case includes power supply & cord, wrist strap, and DFU.