Reichert's 7CR Auto Non-Contact Tonometer (NCT) with Corneal Response Technology takes corneal biomechanics into consideration, providing Corneal Compensated IOP (IOPcc)
- a pressure measurement that is significantly less affected by the cornea than other methods of tonometry. The Reichert 7CR's unique ability to simultaneously provide Goldmann-correlated IOP
and IOPcc, provides clinicians with a better understanding of patient tonometer values, enhancing clinician's ability to make critical diagnosis and treatment decisions.Intraocular pressure (IOP) is the only modifiable risk factor for glaucoma, and as such, accurate tonometry is of critical importance in the diagnosis and management of this eye disease. It's widely recognized that the current gold standard for measuring pressure, the Goldmann Applanation Tonometer (GAT), has considerable flaws. The Goldmann, and other current tonometers, are significantly influenced by corneal properties such as rigidity and thickness. Though it has been shown that GAT provides clinically reliable measurements in the average cornea, we now know that many corneas vary more significantly form average than previously thought.Numerous studies have shown that thicker conreas overstate intraocular pressure values, while thinner corneas understate IOP. However, thickness does not adequately describe corneal biomechanical properties, making the use of CCT-based correction algorithms questionable at best. In fact, researchers have concluded that correcting IOP based on CCT can lead not only to errors in the magnitude, but also in the direction of the adjustment:The new Reichert 7CR Auto-NCT features and specifications include:
Combine these promotions for extraordinary value:
- IOPg (Goldmann Correlated IOP) and IOPcc (Corneal Compensated IOP) clearly displayed on color LCD screen. Best Signal Value (BSV) is automatically selected
- Easy-to-use, touch-screen user interface requires minimal operator training
- Exclusive Reichert technology ensures the softest air puff possible and real-time applanation detection system provides a custom air puff for every measurement
- Simple, fast patient positioning - No chinrest, joystick, or elevation controls. Patient simply leans against convenient left/right sliding forehead rest. Fixation cues are obvious. Alignment and measurement is completely automated.
- Triple-measurement mode delivers three consecutive IOP measurements with a single button.
- Internal printer and electronic data transfer via USB port
- Patented Reichert Corneal Response Technology #US7,481,767B2.
- Dimensions: 19.75"h x 10.5"w x 14"d
- Weight: 23lbs.
- Voltage: 100/240 VAC
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Measurement Range: 7 - 60 mmHg (ISO 8612 tonometer standard)
Now, for a limited time, get a $250 trade-in for your old tonometer (except Schiotz) when you buy a new Reichert 7CR Auto Non Contact Tonometer from Western Ophthalmics.
Also receive a $500 rebate at west-op.com with your purchase.
You may also divide your payments into 4 zero-interest installment with 25% Down on approved credit.
Please contact Western today for a quotation! (800) 426-9938 or email